Scientists are recruiting thousands of armchair archaeologists to help them decipher a “lost” gospel and other fragments of texts from ancient Egypt.
Video-game players have solved a molecular puzzle that stumped scientists for years, and those scientists say the accomplishment could point the way to crowdsourced cures for AIDS and other diseases.
THE COPHENHAGEN WHEEL
Smart, responsive and elegant, the Copenhagen Wheel is a new emblem for urban mobility. It transforms ordinary bicycles quickly into hybrid e-bikes that also function as mobile sensing units. The Copenhagen Wheel allows you to capture the energy dissipated while cycling and braking and save it for when you need a bit of a boost. It also maps pollution levels, traffic congestion, and road conditions in real-time.
Just Kiel all about plug and play physiology
Subject Leader (Health Psychology & Neuroscience), School of Natural Sciences & Psychology, Liverpool John Moores University,
via Stephen Fairclough.
Useful to see the broad areas that the KB are researching in this area
- Frameworks and Standards for Pervasive e-Health
- Design and Implementation of e-health Systems
- Reliability evaluation of Pervasive e-Health systems
- Wearable and Implantable Sensors for Pervasive e-Health
- Smart Sensors Protocols for e-Health
- Tele-Medicine & Tele-Healthcare Systems,
- System Architecture and Networking protocols for e-Health systems
- Activity and Context Recognition for HealthCare applications
- Data Fusion and Context elaboration in Pervasive HealthCare Environments
- Challenges surrounding Data Mining and Data Quality in Pervasive HealthCare
- Privacy and Security issues in HealthCare
- Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems in Pervasive e-Health
- Virtual reality approaches for rehabilitation
- Human Computer Interaction, usability and acceptability for Pervasive e-Health systems
- Home Monitoring and Ambient Assisted applications for HealthCare
- Social implications of Pervasive HealthCare Technology
- Users Modeling and Personalization in Mobile e-Health
- Therapeutic Serious Games
Liverpool John Moores University Research Impact
Covers the importance of the impact of research in areas beyond the more obvious academic impact i.e. social, economic, cultural etc